Auditions for the 2019-2020 Season will be held June 18 & 19 for paid and volunteer positions, and August 20 for volunteer positions only from 6pm to 9pm in Long Beach, CA.
The audition is an opportunity for our artistic team to hear your voice, to explore your skill with sight-reading, and to get to know a little bit about you. The process takes about 10 minutes. There are volunteer and staff singer positions available. If you are auditioning for a staff singer position, please bring your musical CV with you.
Auditionees must be at least 18 years or older and have the ability to navigate and sing from a choral music score.
Each audition will take approximately 10 minutes and include the following:
- Sing a prepared solo (an aria, art song or folk song would be most appropriate), an accompanist will be provided for you. Please bring an additional copy of your sheet music for her/him.
- Sight-Sing a short passage
- Sing a warm-up/vocalise to check your range
**An accompanist will be provided
You will perform one piece of your choice, no more than three minutes in length. We suggest you choose a classical art song or aria. Memorization of your selection is not required. (please bring a second copy of your music for the accompanist).
Should you become a member of the Camerata Singers, you will join one of the major choral organizations in Southern California. As members, singers agree to:
- Attend 80% of rehearsals and all Dress Rehearsals for each concert
- Study the repertoire independently and be prepared for each rehearsal
- Required concert attire: tuxedo or a uniform long black dress, plus concert music folder
- Participate in the promotion and growth of the choir, including selling tickets, promoting concerts, supporting fund-raising activities, and performing volunteer tasks.
*If you have any questions, please email Tammi Alderman, LBCS Personnel Manager and Assistant Conductor at email@example.com