Come sing with the Long Beach Camerata Singers under the direction of Grammy Award winning conductor, Dr. James Bass.
Auditions for the 2021-2022 Season (staff singers only) are open for online submission from June 01 – June 30. Auditions for community members will take place in-person on August 31.
2021-2022 Season Repertoire Includes
- Peace Project V – Reconciliation (November)
- This concert will feature the poetry and music of under-represented communities. We will be premiering a commissioned piece by composer Richard Danielpour.
- Long Beach Symphony Orchestra Holiday Pops Concert (December)
- Holiday Pops music performed in the Long Beach Arena with the LBSO.
- Handel’s Messiah (December)
- We perform a 90-minute version at Baroque pitch, with players from Musica Angelica Baroque Orchestra.
- Northern Lights – the music of Ola Gjielo (March)
- An Evening of Song (May)
Please provide access to videos of you performing two pieces with accompaniment. Guidelines below.
- Contrasting styles (all genres accepted).
- Contrasting tempos are highly preferred.
- Be sure that both video and audio are of high quality.
- You may submit YouTube links* to videos that are already publicly available OR upload videos.
Before you start the application link, please have the following items ready to upload.
- Resume (as it pertains to choral/vocal music)
- 2 videos of contrasting music (please submit pieces as separate videos or links*)
* Please submit YouTube links only, and that each link goes directly to the piece you would like us to hear. The audition committee will not search through web pages or playlists for your submissions.
Following the audition process, singers will be asked to submit their availability for rehearsal and performance dates. Singers will be placed on concert rosters based on their audition submissions, availability and the needs of the chorus for each concert. If you have any further questions about the audition process, please direct them to our Associate Conductor, Tammi Alderman (email@example.com).
Should you become a member of the Camerata Singers, you will join one of the major choral organizations in Southern California. As members, singers agree to:
- Abide by the independent contractor agreement issued to you by the LBCS Personnel
- Study the repertoire independently and be prepared for each rehearsal.
- Provide concert attire: tuxedo or a uniform long black dress, plus concert music folder.
- More detail is available in our Singer Handbook.
Note: LBCS requires that all staff and volunteer singers be fully vaccinated prior to the first
rehearsal on September 14, 2021. If there are circumstances that prohibit you from doing so,
please reach out to us to discuss accommodation arrangements.
*If you have any questions, please email Tammi Alderman, LBCS Personnel Manager and Assistant Conductor at firstname.lastname@example.org.