Come sing with the Long Beach Camerata Singers under the direction of Grammy Award winning conductor, Dr. James Bass.
Auditions for volunteer singers the 2021-2022 Season will take place in-person on September 1.
2021-2022 Season Repertoire Includes
- Peace Project V – Reconciliation (November)
- Handel’s Messiah (December)
- Long Beach Symphony Orchestra Holiday Pops Concert (December)
- Northern Lights – the music of Ola Gjielo (March)
- An Evening of Song (May)
- One aria/art song of your choice, not to exceed 3 minutes in length. Bring a copy of your music for our accompanist
- Sight-sing exercise
- Musicianship/rhythmic exercise
- Vocal range check
If you have a choral resume, please bring a copy.
Following the audition process, singers will be asked to submit their availability for rehearsal and performance dates. Singers will be placed on concert rosters based on their audition submissions, availability and the needs of the chorus for each concert. If you have any further questions about the audition process, please direct them to our Associate Conductor, Tammi Alderman (email@example.com).
Should you become a member of the Camerata Singers, you will join one of the major choral organizations in Southern California. As members, singers agree to:
- Attend rehearsals on Tuesday nights
- Abide by the independent contractor agreement issued to you by the LBCS Personnel
- Study the repertoire independently and be prepared for each rehearsal.
- Provide concert attire: tuxedo or a uniform long black dress, plus concert music folder.
- More detail is available in our Singer Handbook.
Note: LBCS requires that all staff and volunteer singers be fully vaccinated prior to the first
rehearsal on September 14, 2021. If there are circumstances that prohibit you from doing so,
please reach out to us to discuss accommodation arrangements.
*If you have any questions, please email Tammi Alderman, LBCS Personnel Manager and Assistant Conductor at firstname.lastname@example.org.