Come sing with the Long Beach Camerata Singers under the direction of Grammy Award winning conductor, Dr. James Bass..
Auditions for the 2022-2023 Season will be held live and in-person June 06, June 07 and August 09*.
*August 09 auditions are for community (volunteer) singers only. All staff positions will be filled
based on the June audition dates.
2022-2023 Season Repertoire Includes:
- Peace Project VI, “Community” – (October 09)
- Long Beach Symphony Orchestra (LBSO) Holiday Pops Concert (December 17)
- Handel’s Messiah (December 22 & 23)
- Carmina Burana with the LBSO (March 11)
- An Evening of Song (May 13)
- Please prepare one single audition piece (Aria, Art Song or Folk Song preferred)
- Pianist will be provided
- Bring a copy of your music for the pianist
- You will be asked to sight-read for the audition panel
Prior to the audition process, singers will be asked to submit their availability for rehearsal and
performance dates. Singers will be placed on concert rosters based on their auditions,
availability and the needs of the chorus for each concert. If you have any further questions
about the audition process, please direct them to our Associate Conductor, Tammi Alderman
Should you become a member of the Camerata Singers, you will join one of the major choral
organizations in Southern California. As members, singers agree to:
- Abide by the employment agreement issued to you by the LBCS Personnel Manager.
- Study the repertoire independently and be prepared for each rehearsal.
- Provide concert attire: tuxedo or a uniform long black dress, plus concert music folder.
- More detail is available in our Singer Handbook.
Note: LBCS requires that all staff and volunteer singers be fully vaccinated and boosted per
CDC guidelines against the COVID 19 virus prior to a first rehearsal with the ensemble.