Mr. Peanut is getting ready for the Holidays. If you watched his Thanksgiving Message, you know he is expecting lots of goodies. Today Peanut would like to recommend that you attend the upcoming performance of Handel’s Messiah by the Long Beach Camerata Singers — it’s a holiday tradition! Here are 5 big reasons to attend this year’s show:
- Bring Family and Friends Together — In a world laden with consumer goods, why not invest in an afternoon with the people who are important in your life? Put down the cell phone, step away from the computer and, yes, visit with people — in person! You won’t regret it.
- Build Traditions that Endure — It is important for both children and adults to have traditions in their lives, traditions that define the season and create memories; traditions that can be passed on to future generations. Traditions loom large when we remember our childhoods. If you don’t already have a holiday musical tradition, our concert is the perfect place to start.
- The Beauty of the Music — There’s a reason why this piece of music has endured for almost 300 years — it’s unbelievably beautiful! The compelling melodies, the dramatic arias and the powerful recitatives never fail to thrill. You will be surprised at how much of the music is familiar to you — and don’t forget the Hallelujah Chorus. Be prepared to stand for that one!
- The Power of the Message — Regardless of your belief system, Messiah is filled with important reminders of our highest values. Goodwill toward others, hope for a better life, comfort for those in distress: these are the impulses that build our character. It doesn’t matter if you attend church, or which denomination, if any, your subscribe to.
- Get a Brain Massage — Give your poor, overworked brain a rest! Allow the sounds of the chorus, soloists and orchestra to flow through you ! Close your eyes and float on the river of sound. Your brain will be washed clean of electronic beeps, digital images and the cluttered detritus of our daily lives for this small piece of time.